I'm a Cumbrian musician, with various musical projects on the go.
I've been getting together with a couple of friends for about 15yrs; Phil (vocal, guitar, drums) and Col (bass, backing vocals). I've played guitar for 29yrs, but have taken up playing drums over the last three years. We rarely play anything twice exactly the same, and have become 'consumate buskers'! We mainly play original covers - Eagles Of Death Metal and the like, with a bit of Gomez etc thrown in.
Also get together with a local vocalist by the name of Charlie (female), and Col on Bass - under the name The Vardels. We're in the process of composing / writing some original material and will probably get some up here before the end of 2010....Watch this space!
I didn't see my 'step-son', Josh, for a couple of years, after splitting with his mother. When we finally got together, we decided to compose and record a song in a night - and 'Comfortable's Not Good Enough' is the result...an awesome night of fun, creativity and love :0)
The Incredible String Band, early Hawkwind + loads of Hippy Stuff, Robben Ford, Hendrix, Gomez, Eagles of Death Metal, Pearl Jam, Led Zepplin + lots of 70's Rock, Frank Zappa, Felix Bellingham
- New Fan Robin May became a fan of Charlie Ashcroft Fri 05 November 2010
- Comment Robin May commented on Just Don't by The Vardels Fri 05 November 2010
- New Fan Robin May became a fan of The Vardels Fri 05 November 2010
- Fri 05 November 2010
- New Fan Charlie Westney became a fan of Robin May Tue 26 October 2010
- New Fan Robin May became a fan of Tom Heywood Mon 25 October 2010
- Mon 25 October 2010
- Thu 26 August 2010
- Mon 01 February 2010
- Sun 24 January 2010