TUNE LIINES - On and On
As they come to the end of 32 dates supporting Sleaford Mods around the UK Manchester post-punk band LIINES are set to release single On and On via independent label Reckless Yes on Friday 24 May.
Building on their trademark sound of relentlessly rhythm-driven tracks with soaring vocals and strikingly spacious melody On and On finds the band at their best.
Zoe McVeigh (guitar / vocals) says: “On and On is about keeping everything deep down inside and driving yourself mad with the same looped thoughts. The lyrics repeat because when you can’t get out of this way of thinking, it feels like ‘this thing goes on and on and on’.”
“We’ve been opening with On and On for a while. It sets the scene for us because it’s stripped back and has an urgency we want to come across with our music. We’re really excited to get it out there after a busy few months supporting Sleaford Mods and after a year of promoting our debut album, Stop-Start.”
On and On can be
- pre-saved on Spotify: https://smarturl.it/o37yo7
- pre-ordered on bandcamp: https://liines.bandcamp.com/track/on-and-on
Comparisons have been drawn to Savages, Desperate Journalist and Wire but LIINES are a band honing their own sound and forging their own path, and picking up new fans every time they play live.
LIINES have had lots of support from radio DJs and press, including John Kennedy (Radio X), BBC 6 Music’s Steve Lamacq, Tom Robinson and Gideon Coe, BBC Introducing, Amazing Radio’s Shell Zenner and more.
LIINES are Zoe McVeigh (guitar / vocals), Tamsin Middleton (bass), and Leila O’Sullivan (drums).
The band supported Sleaford Mods on their 32 date Eton Alive tour through March, April and May and now have a string of headline dates followed by festivals:
• 30 May LONDON, Thousand Island – w/ Chorusgirl and Art Trip and the Static Sound
• 31 May NOTTINGHAM, Bodega – w/ Pet Crow, I Am Lono, and Dacodac
• 1 Jun MANCHESTER, YES – w/ Blanketman and Pet Crow. The band will be in conversation at a free event with Chris Hawkins (BBC 6 Music) from 6pm on 1 June at 33 Oldham Street Manchester (details here).
• 26 Jul KENDAL CALLING – Tim Peak’s Diner (Tim Burgess’ curated stage)
• 17 Aug COTTON CLOUDS FESTIVAL – Saddleworth, Tim Peak’s Diner
• 6 Sep CONFESSIONAL FESTIVAL – Blackburn